This blog is the story of a group of 6 commuters who, without the help of Metra, might never know each other.
About 3 years ago I started riding the Metra from Norwood Park to downtown Chicago. I used to sit down in the seats and possibly fall asleep and then go to work and rinse, lather, repeat. Then one day I started standing in the vestibule and saw that there were 6 people that had really wonderful conversations and it made the trip fun. I wondered how I could become apart of this group. So, one day I decided that I would interject my thoughts and boom, I was in! :) From that point on we have always stood in the same vestibule (second car from the back) and stood in the same places within said vestibule.
Jim and Joe stand on the stairs on the right side (as the train in moving forward), I stand on the stairs on the left side, Cathy, Joelle, Tina and Edith stand in the middle.
This blog will follow our commutes and fun conversations and things that happen on the train. I hope that you enjoy and stop back frequently and offer your insights. :)
CommuterDave,
ReplyDeleteThis is great. Now Joe won't miss us so much and he can stay a part of all our wacky conversations that always seem to end up with food.
I Joe, being of semi sane mind do herebye bequeath my prime stairway spot upon my loss of job.
ReplyDeleteHi Guys,
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed you this morning. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thanks for the cookie Don. See you all on Janaury 6.