These were the topics of discussion today. Let's start with politics, last night President Obama gave his State of the Union address and from what I heard (sorry I didn't get a chance to acutally watch it, I know I am a bad citizen) it was pretty good. Our conductor, Don, heard an idea presented by the Green party that we go back to having state banks (i.e. The State Bank of Illinois) and that would generate revenue to the state. Don was also quick to point out that this would probably not happen due to the objections of the big banks like Chase, 5/3, and others. He also stated that was the first time that he can remember that he agreed with what a politian has said.
Muffins: Everyday when Cathy and Edith walk through the train station in the morning they pass by a sign that rolls through different ads on a timer. However, Cathy is convinced that someone is watching for her and flipped the ad to the Conern Bakery blueberry muffin ad just as she is walking by. And if this keeps happening then she will be forced to walk into Corner Bakery and buy a blueberry muffin.
Squirrels: Joe sent a picture of a squirrel that had died but was still hanging onto a wire by it's teeth. This was a really strange picture that he took in his back yard. He challenged us to figure out how long it had been there. Some of us said a week, a month or until we saw nothing but bones. It generated some conversation, which is what I think he was going for. Thanks Joe!
Well that's all for the this episode. Tune in next time to see what happens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment