Today the topic was Westerns, the good 'ol westerns from back in the day. I am talking about Bonanza, The Lone Ranger and Gunsmoke. I am a little young to remember when these were new shows but I do remember the theme song to Bonanza (hey it was on reruns when I was a kid). We learned that the orignal Lone Ranger, Clayton Moore, died on 12/28/99 and just a few weeks ago was the 10th anniversary of his death. we also learned that there was another Lone Ranger after Moore and that was played by John Haft.
When I was a kid in the 1980's I liked Westerns but wasn't as into them as kids were in the 1950's but I do appreciate them. I do remember having a cap gun in the form of a Colt .45 but that was as far as I went.
It was a good talk today that lasted the entire trip which made the trip go by fast.
To see what happens next stay tuned and don't turn that dial...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahh you younsters. The other "lone ranger" on the show was played by John Hart and it was not after Clayton Moore but took over the role for one season '52 or '53 when Morre had a contract dispute.
ReplyDelete